Name: Paul Impellizzeri
School: Berks Catholic High School
Graduation Year: 2022
Milesplit profile link: https://pa.milesplit.com/athletes/pro/8257922/stats
5k XC – 17:54 – 2020 PIAA District III AA Championships (junior year)
3200m- 12:32 (freshman year)
1600m- 5:31 (freshman year)
800 m- 2:30 (freshman year)
Pole Vault- 9-6
XC/TF Highlights: Only freshman that made XC Varsity in 2018
Favorite XC/TF memory to date: Watching the back of my teammate go sub 18, his goal for that season, as he crossed the finish line of his last cross country race
What do you enjoy most about the sport of XC and/or TF: Distance running presents me with a chance to challenge myself in ways I never thought I could before I took up these sports.
– Maintained high honors the entirety of my middle school and high school careers
– Maintained a rigorous course load the entirety of my middle school and high school careers
– Top 10% of my freshman class
– Finished freshman year with a 3.86 cumulative GPA
– Finished first semester of sophomore year for a 3.99 cumulative GPA
– Presented with the citizenship award by my teachers at my freshman year academic award ceremony
Favorite HS class to date and why: Honors literature my freshman year, because I was extremely out of my comfort zone and challenged by the class. In the end, I rose to the occasion by furthering my writing abilities and I finished the year with a grade I was very proud of.
I am interested in the following college major(s):
– Pre-Veterinary Medicine
– Animal Sciences
– Zoo Veterinarian
I am looking for the following in a future college: A curriculum that is going to support my future career goals as well as the extra curricular activities that I am interested in, such as distance running.
My ideal college coach would be: One that is going to recognize my current ability as well as my determination to improve and my passion for the sport, and will better me as a runner, teammate, and person.
My most important factors I will consider when choosing a college:
– Curriculum that supports Pre-Veterinary Medicine major
– Team/teammates of the school (both track and cross country)
– Study abroad programs
Other information about me:
– Elected class president both my freshman and sophomore years
– I was selected as an intern at the Philadelphia Zoo through a competitive application process
– Freshman year was the first time I took up distance running. I worked hard throughout my season, trying desperately to stick with the top guys on my team at every practice, and finished with a PR of 19:30 (a time I have since blown past). Looking back at the beginning of that season and seeing how far I had come, I was so proud of myself. Since then I have continued to drop my times further and further, especially in cross country. I have ambitious goals for my running future. I know the kind of person that I am, and that tells me that I will smash through these goals with hard work and perseverance.