Name: Erika Moriarty
School: Kutztown Area High School
Graduation Year: 2021
DOB: September 2002
Instagram – @erika.moriarty
Milesplit Profile: https://pa.milesplit.com/athletes/6269842/stats
– 800m – 2:25.55 / 2019 at county meet
– 4x800m (personal best split) – 2:24 / 2019 at the county meet (unofficial timing)
– 4x400m (split) – 62 seconds / 2019 at Penn Relays
– 5000m – 19:25.40 / 2019 at district meet
– I own the indoor/outdoor records for the girl’s 800m for my school
– I own the 5000m record as well
– I ran at Penn Relays in 2019 (4×400 relay)
– I won the A District Girl’s meet in 2019 (1st in Kutztown’s female history to do so)
– I placed and medaled 9th at the A Girl’s State meet in Hershey in 2019 (1st in Kutztown’s history to medal at the state level for women)
– I placed 4th in counties and made all-counties
Favorite XC/Track Memory to Date: My favorite memory so far was in 2019 when my coach got to put a state medal around my neck. (It made me happy to see he finally got to do that for a female high school runner from Kutztown in all his years of coaching).
What do you enjoy most about the sport of XC and/or TF: I enjoy every moment whether it’s painful or happy, but mostly I love the thrill of it all.
Academic Highlights: I rarely miss homework assignments and I am a part of the national art honor society.
Favorite Class: Advanced art; I love the people in it, there’s always good vibes, I feel comfortable in that space more than anywhere else in school, and it’s just overall my favorite thing to do.
I am interested in the following college major(s): Art Education
Career aspirations: Art teacher / tattoo artist
I am looking for the following in a future college: not religious, full of art, good track/ xc program.
My ideal college coach would be: My ideal coach would pay attention to my potential, know who I am before I arrive, and not underestimate me.
The most important factors to me when choosing a college:
1. art programs
2. decent distance program
3. lots of scholarship and financial aid opportunities
Currently interested in the following college(s):
– Shippensburg University
March 23-29: Weekly highlight – went for an hour run and ended up having an average pace of 7:57, burned 670 calories, and ran 7.60 miles.