Lebanon High School and Lebanon County’s South Hills Park played host to the 2023 LL League XC Championships. An incredible fall day, a spectator friendly course, and great crowds led to some outstanding action on the grass. There were no upsets at the top as pre-race team favorite Manheim Township claimed both the girls and boys championship titles. They also won the Section 1 regular season crowns. Individually, seniors Ella Wolfe of Hempfield and Colin Whitaker of Lampeter Strasburg ran away with their victories.
Girls top 10:
- Ella Wolfe,sr Hempfield – 18:12.7
- Elena Barrall, jr Manheim Township – 18:37.1
- Gabby Thiry, sr JP McCaskey – 18:46.9
- Eliana Schneider, so Cedar Crest – 18:48.4
- Ruby Garner-Valle, fr JP McCaskey – 19:09.1
- Ava Shirk, sr Manheim Township – 19:11.1
- Molly Myers, so Donegal – 19:11.7
- Aubrey Ressler, so Pequea Valley – 19:16.9
- Ella Hartel, sr Warwick – 19:17.7
- Ali Fink, jr Elizabethtown – 19:19.2
Boys top 10:
- Colin Whitaker, sr Lampeter Strasburg – 15:14.0
- Adam Kingston, jr Manheim Township – 15:42.2
- Cole Stevens, jr Manheim Township – 15:51.0
- Kaleb Kabakjian, sr Penn Manor – 16:12.9
- Ramon Urena-Batista, sr Lebanon – 16:18.2
- Sam Freedman, sr Hempfield – 16:19.1
- Emerson Long, sr Hempfield – 16:20.4
- Ethan Peffley, jr Manheim Township – 16:21.3
- Matthew McNair, jr JP McCaskey – 16:22.2
- Dylan DelVecchio, sr Manheim Township – 16:23.0
- Kudos to Lebanon and the LL League for hosting a terrific Championship Meet at a new venue this year. The turnout was great and the course was spectator friendly. Really well done!
- The girl’s team race was never in doubt. Manheim Township placed 6 in the top 25 to score only 49 points. JP McCaskey scored what was a bit of an upset over Warwick to finish 2nd with 123 points. Warwick was 3rd with 131 points.
- Donegal was the top girls Class AA school placing 6th overall with 172 points. They will look to challenge York Suburban for the District 3 title in 2 weekends. Annville-Cleona finished 8th and may be working their way back into our District 3 Class AA team rankings.
- The Manheim Township boys team received bad news this morning when they learned senior Gunner Geib would be unavailable today due to illness. The team stepped up in his absence claiming 4 of the top 10 spots. Sophomore Luke Reinking stepped into the #5 position and crossed in 37th place to secure the victory. The Blue Streaks scored 60 points. Elizabethtown finished 2nd with 113 points while Warwick was 3rd with 115 points. Hempfield also ran well scoring 125 points while finishing the race without their team #4 runner who was unable to finish today.
- While underclassmen girls were scattered amongst the top 15, only 1 underclassman boy finished in the top 15. That distinction went to Warwick sophomore Lincoln Weaver who placed 13th overall.