Name: Garrett Quinan (XC, 3200/1600)
Graduation Year: 2022
Social media information:
Strava – @Garrett Quinan
Instagram – @garrettquinan
Twitter – @GarrettQuinan
Milesplit profile: https://pa.milesplit.com/athletes/7464496
5k XC – 16:09 – 2020 YAIAA Championships – 10-24-20
5k Road – 16:24 (March 7, 2020) – https://results.rmraces.live/US-Road-Running/events/2020/yrrc-winter-series-northeastern-5k/results
2020 – Runner-up at the 2020 YAIAA XC Championships. Placed 2nd at PIAA District III AA Championships. Finished 6th at the PIAA AA State Championships.
2019 – Qualifying for states both as a team and individually in 2019. Team finished 2nd overall at Districts.
Favorite XC/TF memory to date: XC camp over the summer; running up a ski slope at XC camp
What do you enjoy most about the sport of XC and/or TF: Enjoys the summer and winter training sessions with my best friends; the running culture; the mental and physical toughness the sport requires.
Academic Highlights: Making distinguished honor role for the first three marking periods of my sophomore year.
Favorite HS class to date and why: Honors Chemisty because its difficult and tests my mental boundaries and limits. The teacher is also a prior cross country coach.
I am interested in the following college major(s):
– Biology Engineering
– Environmental Engineering
– Agricultural Engineering
– Marine Engineering
– Forest Engineering
– Go to a 4 year college
– Earn a Bachelor’s Degree
– Have a good paying job in my field of interest that I enjoy.
I am looking for the following in a future college:
– Not too far away from home
– Offers my major
– Has a good XC and TF culture and strong program
– Overall, where I see myself achieving my best
My ideal college coach would be:
– Someone who obviously has experience
– Is motivated in helping me to achieve my goals
– Someone who is caring but also pushes me to my limits
My most important factors I will consider when choosing a college (list 3-5):
– Where I see myself achieving my best
– Good XC and TF program
– Gives me the most flexibility and freedom
– Scholarship acceptance