Hi!! My name is Olivia Walter and I am a senior from Mechanicsburg Area Senior High School. Although I have been running for most of my life, I didn’t really start to take it seriously until my sophomore year. At that point, I unlocked an incredible passion for the sport and competition as a whole. What I love about running is that it is so simple yet so complex at the same time. To find success in this sport you have to be willing to give it your all at every opportunity. You have to be willing to go the extra mile (pun intended) and do the little things other athletes might not think of.
I specialize in the 1600m and I also compete in the 5k and the 800m. Next track season, I would like to try out the 3200m and see what I can do in that event as well! My favorite workouts are long runs and fast intervals on the track, especially 400 repeats. I am hoping to run at the Division I level in college next year. At the moment, my top colleges are Cornell University, Dartmouth College, Wake Forest University, and Northwestern University. Like many young runners, I have learned a lot over the years through trial and error and I can’t wait to share my experiences with all of you!!
Here are some fun facts about me!
- I have a two year old cat named Finley
- I always wear my hair in braids for races
- I have always wanted to visit Greece
- My hobbies (besides running of course) include cooking, baking, reading, paddlboarding, and biking
- After college, I want to work with athletes in some facet and help them achieve their goals and balance their athletic career with other aspects of their lives