Our PIAA State Championship Previews are sponsored by PCN. PCN is your headquarters for PIAA State Championship Coverage!
Learn more about PCN’s State Championship coverage here.
Projected top 5 Teams and Individuals
Here is a look at our top 5 team and individual projections. We also include projected finishes for Central PA Teams. Central PA state medal hopefuls are outlined below.
- Marion Center defeated United for the District 6 team title on a tie breaker. Both teams will shoot for a top 5 finish on Saturday.
Central PA State Medal Hopefuls (with recent performances):
- Lanee Berkhimer, so Martinsburg Central – Was the District 6 Champion in a time of 19:45. Placed 3rd at LHACs (19:10). Placed 10th in the state last season.
- Natalia Mavridis, fr Richland – Runner-up in the District 6 Championships (20:01). Finished 7th at LHACs (20:13).
- Madeline Murphy, jr York Catholic – Won the District 3 title with relative ease running 20:27. Placed 6th at the YAIAA Champs (19:56) and 12th at PIAA Foundation (21:15). Murphy placed 7th in the state last fall.
- Sheila Driscoll, so York Catholic – May have been a little off of her game at Districts but still placed 2nd at the District 3 Championships (21:01) to her teammate, Madeline Murphy. Finished 7th at YAIAAs (19:59) and 13th at PIAA Foundation. She finished the 2022 XC season with a 16th place finish at states.
- Ava Pablic, fr Bishop Carroll – 3rd in District 6 running 20:11. Ran 20:06 to place 6th at LHACs.
- Lydia Miller, sr Marion Center – Finished 4th in District 6 (20:20) and won the Heritage Conference title (20:32).
- Olivia Henning, fr United – 6th at the District 6 Championships (20:47). Placed 2nd at the Heritage Conference Championships (20:44) and won the Indiana County Championships (21:05).
- Jasmine Lucullo, jr West Shamokin – 5th at the District 6 Championships (20:36) and 3rd at the Heritage Conference Championships (20:58). She was 2nd at the Indiana County Championships (21:16).